200 West Highland is new high-end construction project on the south slope of Queen Anne and right across from Kerry Park. The project is developed by Lorig Management and designed by Mithun, who is also the architect for Mosler Lofts and Cosmopolitan. 200 West Highland is going to be a 5 story concrete and steel construction building.
The condo will showcase 25 homes catering to home buyers looking for a larger homes. Only two and three bedroom floor plans are available in this building with the smallest two bedroom starting at 1,499 square feet and three bedroom plus den at 2,852 square feet. Top floor homes come with almost 12 foot ceilings. All homes will be air-conditioned and include 2 parking spots, and most of them have outdoor terraces. Prices start from $1.2M to $3.9M (yes, that’s right, they start at $1.2M). Completion date is scheduled for December this year.
Here are some of the highlights from the hard hat tour:
- South facing 2nd level homes have Puget Sound and downtown views.
- Security systems will be installed for all the homes. I think that is a very good idea especially for the ground level homes. They come with larger private terraces but it is also close to the high traffic street level across from Kerry Park.
- The solid brick facade was carefully picked to blend in with the surrounding historic homes.
- A lot of thought was given to the selection of construction materials and systems. For an example, the exterior is using the Perfect Wall building envelope assembly and energy-efficient, ultra quiet heat pumps for heating and air-conditioning.
- Customization of the homes is not available. The developer’s stated goal is to focus on building a good condo.
When completed, 200 West Highland will probably be a very well built new construction project and has the best sound views when compared to Leona and 22 West Lee. However, despite the views and quality, the pricing premium for this building seems very high when compared to Leona and 22 West Lee. On the other hand, if you have the money and you want a view, a lot of space, and you don’t want to deal with the upkeep of a house, this is a great place to park your Range Rover and BMW.