June numbers are in and the Seattle condo recovery story appears to be an encouraging, if slightly boring trend (much like our national economy).
- At a macro level, after a more sluggish 1Q12, the Seattle condo market is clearing it's fairly modest inventory quite regularly.
- Sales were up slightly every month for the year 2012 including June 2012.
- Median prices were as steady as a rock holding between $260-$270k for the last 3 months (though this was up considerably over our Jan-Feb median price of $200-210k).
- Inventory has also been steady at around 600 listings since March (though down over Jan-Feb inventory of around 700 units).
- At a neighborhood level, there aren't any big outliers either. Every place seems to be following the same pattern (slow 1Q12 and now steady 2Q12).
I suppose this is the new normal 🙂
Queen Anne/ Magnolia
Capitol Hill / Madison/ Central Seattle
By Wendy Leung with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle condos exclusively for buyers and sellers.