The Goodwin condominiums in Belltown has launched for sale. Located at 2233 1st Ave, on the corner of 1st and Bell, this building was originally imagined as condominiums, to be called Alex, but switched use to the Volta Apartments during the recession. It has since converted back to condominiums and will now be The Goodwin condominiums.
- 34 unit boutique building
- Built in 2010; converted in 2020
- 8 stories
- Priced from $500,000’s
- Concrete and steel construction with brick facade
- 4th floor units have large terraces
- Finishes: hard surface flooring, stainless appliances, gas cooking, solid surface counters with waterfall edge, in-unit washer/dryer
- Amenities: Library room and rooftop deck with views of the Space Needle and Elliot Bay, garden space, fire pits, and grills
Currently, only #404 is listed on the MLS and here are the details for this specific unit:
- List price $836,198
- 1 bedroom, 1.25 baths
- 838 square feet
- Large private terrace
- 1 parking space
- Dues: $823/month
Other available units:
- #401: 1 bd, 1.5 ba, 1,282 sq ft, terrace – $1,149,948
- #503: 1 bd, 1ba, 524 sq ft – $503,948
- #103: urban 2 bd, 2 ba, 907 sq ft – $787,448
- #602: 2 bd, 2 ba, 1,098 sq ft – $1,309,948
- #802: 2 bd, 2 ba, 1,098 sq ft, roof terrace – $1,459,948
It has been awhile since we have seen a condo conversion here in Seattle so it will be interesting to see how it is received by buyers. Since this building was originally built as condos and is newer, it will likely not have the issues we saw in 2006/2007 conversions with less than desirable sound proofing, finish materials and developers who didn’t update or repair siding, windows and deck surfaces.
Interested in checking out The Goodwin? Let us know. We are here to help with your condo buying needs.