If you like the idea of living right above a giant supermarket like the Lumen condo but find that the price is a little steep for you, Look right across the street. Serana is a new conversion on the corner of Valley St and 5th Ave North. It doesn’t have the tall ceilings or the clean, sleek look interior/exterior like Lumen but is a little bit more modest and still has the convenient location. Both will have to deal with traffic issues some SCR readers have commented on in the past.
Serana is a four-story, brick-accented building with 34 units consisting of studios, one bedroom’s and two bedroom’s. Similar to Lumen, Serana doesn’t have too much of a view from any direction. Its roof top deck does have the view of downtown Seattle and the Space Needle.
Prices will start at $270,000’s for 1BR’s and mid $400,000’s for their 2BR’s.
• Stainless steel GE appliances, Energy Star rated refrigerator, range and dishwasher
• White-on White GE Spacemaker full size washer and dryer
• Euro-style tile countertops with custom tile backsplash
• Polished chrome fixture
• Tile tub surrounds
• Light and dark finishes
• Hardwood flooring in the living area
• Stainless steel GE profile appliances
• Slab granite kitchen counters with undermount sink
• Tiled master bath flooring
Out of all their two bedroom units, #09 has a better layout, more windows and probably less road noise. As for their one bedroom’s, #07 and #08 will be on the quietest side of the building but your unit is facing a parking lot and restaurant. #01 is the only floor plan that has a separate utility room.
– Easy access to I5
– Convenience of grocery store right across the street
– Adjacent to the future Melinda Gates foundation
– Street noise
– Except for the roof top deck, not much amenities
View Below Average
Serana’s greatest competition is Residence at 5th Ave which is also a conversion that went on the market around April. It has pretty much the same price range as Serana. So far Residence has sold 90% of their units. Serana is kicking off at a slow start. Their grand opening to the public will be on Sept 5th from 4 to 7pm at their sales center.