I recently attended the press event for the new Avenue Condominiums, which is Bellevue’s newest luxury condominium community.
Starting this week, buyers and their brokers are able to schedule private appointments to tour the sales center, see the full size model unit that has been built out as well as make selections on floorplans and choose a unit to purchase. Buyers will be pleased to know that this developer has decided against any lotteries or grand opening events requiring interested parties to stand in long lines in order to purchase a unit. This sales process is by private appointment only, and is refreshing to see.
Construction will start in June this year and PCL, who is the General Contractor, said they estimate about 33-36 month total construction time.
What’s unique or interesting about this condominium community?
- The condo community will live above the only Intercontinental Hotel in the Pacific Northwest and will sit amongst an open plaza loaded with high end shops and retail, several bar and restaurant options, including a new restaurant by 3 Michelin Star chef and restaurateur Joshua Skenes, known for Saison and Angler in San Francisco.
- The developer, Fortress Development, who is led by its Founder and CEO, Andy Lakha, who himself is a long time resident of the Bellevue area for the past 20 years and who still lives in Meydenbauer Bay. He and his family have long local ties and connections to Bellevue and the Pacific Northwest and he calls this a legacy project for him and his family.
- The house cars, for the residents and hotel guests, will be Rolls Royce vehicles. That alone gives an indication of the level of luxury that is intended for this development and its residents.
The initial phase of sales will start with the 98 Estate residences in the south tower that will be built above the Intercontinental. The second phase will be the 230 residences that will be built in the west tower of the property.
Specific price points will be released at the private appointments but general pricing will be:
- 1 bedrooms starting at $1 Million
- 2 bedrooms starting at $2 Million
- 3 bedrooms starting at $3.9 Million
- Penthouses starting at prices north of there
Sizes very greatly between the different homes and within the two towers, but average sizes in the Estate homes in the south tower fall around 1,500 sq ft, while the homes in the west tower will average around 800 sq ft.
I will be forwarding on information on prices and specific floor plans as I learn more, so be sure to let me know if you feel this is a community you might want to be a part of.
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.