Asia Condominiums in the International District
668 S Lane St
Asia Condominiums was converted from an apartment building into a condominium in 2006. It is located in the International District right across the street from a pocket park. Close to the stadiums, Pioneer Square and in the heart of the ID, the location is vibrant and active. Asia is close to every major transportation hub for buses, light rail, the Sounder, Amtrak, the soon-to-be street car and is super convenient to I-5 and I-90. It is also just a jaunt to both the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums. The building’s aesthetic overall is fairly traditional, and is starting to feel a bit dated, but is still clean, and seems to be well run.
To see a video of an example of an actual unit at Asia Condominiums click here.
- 75 units – studio, one and two bedrooms ranging in size from 453 sqft to a 998 sqft
- Built in 2005
- 6 stories
- Most units have a parking space but 13 units do not have parking and there are no storage units
- 4 units have sold in the last 6 months ranging in price from $120,750 (a bank owned unit) to $255,000; at the time of this post there is are not units pending and no active units on the market
- HOA dues include: garbage, water, sewer, building maintenance, professional property manager, earthquake insurance
- Amenities: Party room with full kitchen, gym, terrace pagoda
- The location is ideal if you are looking to be close to the stadiums, Pioneer Square or in the ID
- The layouts are fairly generous on size for the most part
- Very affordable price points
- In-unit washer and dryers
- The terrace garden is a nice space and is partially covered for year round use
- Very few units have decks
- All of the units have carpet throughout, which is not the current desire of buyers in today’s market
- Lower floor west facing units have disadvantaged views toward the alley and older buildings
- The amenities are feeling a bit dated and could use some modernization
- The gym is small and lacks newer modern equipment
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.