Ballard Condominiums in Ballard
1525 NW 57th St
Ballard Condominiums is a large 163 unit condominium building located in the popular Ballard neighborhood. It is just a couple of blocks from all of the activities and amenities of Market Street and Ballard Avenue that make this part of Seattle so popular. Being a larger building, it does have an impressive amenities package that the condo owners can use. For the Ballard neighborhood, there are only a couple other condo buildings that have this large of an amenities package as that is usually reserved for the larger high rise condos we find in the downtown core.
- 163 residential units – studios, one and two bedrooms ranging in size from 453 to 1338 square feet
- Built in 2000
- 6 story building
- All units have 1, 2 or 3 parking spaces
- Not all units have a storage locker
- 3 units have sold in the last 6 months ranging in price from $218,000 to $315,000; None of those were 2 bedrooms. At the time of this post there was one pending studio unit listed at $185,000 and no active units
- HOA dues include: garbage, building maintenance, concierge, professional property management, earthquake insurance
- Amenities: Swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, gym, party room, concierge, roof deck, business center and conference room
- The location is within blocks to restaurants, cafes, services, and grocery stores
- All units have parking
- Washer and dryers in each unit
- The amenities are a nice bonus especially if you own a smaller unit in the building
- The building does have two story townhome style units on the main level with exterior entrances which offer a lot of square footage for those wanting larger floorplans
- Wood frame construction can mean you hear your neighbors more than in concrete and steel construction
- Built prior to stainless steel appliances so some buyers find that they want to replace the appliances
- Installing hardwood floors is considered by the board on a case by case basis so it isn’t a certainty that it can be done
- The HOA dues do not include the water and sewer – those are metered separately
- Due to the level of current and recent construction in the area, very few of the units have views beyond a block or two
- Street parking for guests can be very challenging in this popular part of Ballard
Click here to see an example of a unit in Ballard condominiums.
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.