With the limited options for condo inventory here in Seattle, I’m always excited to report new condo projects that are coming to our city.
Recently, the rumors have been confirmed that Isola Homes, a well-known local builder of single family as well as townhomes communities within Seattle, is now branching out and developing a condo building in the popular Phinney Ridge neighborhood that will be called Hendon Condominiums.
The site is located at the intersection of Greenwood Ave N and N 68th St just across the street from the current Fini Condos, Isola will be building a 32 unit condo building that is projected to be completed in late summer/early fall of 2016 which is about the same projected completion of both Luma on First Hill, and Insignia’s north tower in Belltown.
We did a brief interview with Isola this past week to learn a bit more specifics about the project:
- 32 units + 4 ground floor retail spaces
- 4 stories plus a roof deck
- Amenities will include a roof deck with lounge and bbq areas
- Anticipated completion: Late summer/early fall 2016
- It is not yet known which utilities will be included in the HOA dues or the estimated amount for HOA dues
- There will be a mix of studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms condo units
- Size of the homes will range from 613 sf – 1132 sf
- Ceiling heights will range from 9’ to 11’
- Finishes will be similar to most of Isola’s other recently built communities- visit their website at www.isolahomes.com for photos of current and past projects
- We asked about any unique features and in addition to the common roof deck/bbq area, select units will have large private roof decks! We are excited to see those units for sure.
- There will be two different color schemes options to chose from
- Specifics are not yet known but it will involve a reservation process followed by presales with a full purchase contract
- The building itself will not have it’s own sales office or model home on site, but the new Isola Experience Center will be opening this Fall and will be located in Homeplate Center, which is near Safeco Field’s SW corner at 1st Ave and Edgar Martinez Way
- Presale units will be available to purchase when they open their Isola Experience Center this fall
- Price ranges for different layouts are not yet known
- Upgrade and/or customization options are not yet known
- Big customization options such as combining units is not an option at this time
Isola reports they will be releasing information as it becomes available, so we will keep in touch and provide periodic updates to our clients and readers as we learn more. Special thanks to Noree at Isola for her time and information.
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.