February 2012 Seattle condo market data is in. Here are the most interesting takeaways and some nice charts.
- Number of sales from January 2012 to February 2012 was up about 5%.
- Year-over-year sale volume from February 2011 to February 2012 were up about 15%.
- Prices overall looked weak with February 2012 median prices coming in at $202,000 (last few months of 2011 were in the $230-40K range).
- West Seattle and Ballard/Green Lake had the biggest pricing pressure with median closed sale prices sinking from $202K to $112K in West Seattle and from $209K to $147K in Ballard/Green Lake.
- Not all neighborhoods faired badly. In fact, median prices in Belltown/Downtown jumped considerably from $363K in January to $405K in February. Queen Anne/Magnolia also showed nice strength in pricing with median closed prices rising from $171K to $190K from January to February.
By Wendy Leung with Seattle Condo Review. A guide to Seattle condos exclusively for buyers and sellers.
The sample sizes are so small when you break it out by market that it is really tough to understand the market without taking into account 6 months or so of data. Is there a good way to break out more of the numbers by market? If not here, which site works best for that?
Hi Elas, thanks for the feedback. I have received similar feedback yesterday and will be improving our charts for the next update. Stay tuned!