As several of our clients get ready to close on their homes in Insignia's south tower, I have been able to walk through several units as well as the amenities and shared areas of the building. I wanted to share with you what interesting things (both pro and con) I have noticed while in the building for the first few times with our clients.
- Some of the bottom surfaces of the covered decks are the same copper that match the unique copper entrance to the building- it looks really cool
- The closets were outfitted with lights – which might seem like a small thing but living in a condo now that doesn't have them, it is really a useful thing!
- There is a lack of overhead lights in the bedrooms, dining and living rooms- so plan to bring your lighting!
- The decks have overhead lights making them even more usable at night and in the winter months
- The decks and patios also have electrical outlets which is a nice touch that is rare in highrise condos
- The dog park has an actual toilet, yes I said toilet, for flushing down pet poop, not to mention it's also on the 41st floor roof, so it's likely the best pet area in the city right now in my opinion (pictures above)
- The views are absolutely amazing from the 41st level amenities and all of the rooms up there offer views that are more expansive then expected
- The west facing podium level units are not as close to the monorail as you would think and are actually quite pleasing
- The 7th floor park is very vast and now that only 1/2 of it is completed, I can hardly wait to see how large it is when the north tower is complete
- The two level fitness center is very generous with it's amount of equipment, the size of the facility, and diverse options that even include several Pilates reformers (which I have not seen, as of yet, in condo fitness centers)
I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts on Insignia and how it turned out.
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.
Leave A Comment