Each month we try to give an update on a condo building that is showing some interesting activity. Here is a highlight of the sales at Escala in Downtown Seattle’s Midtown neighborhood over the last 6 months.
The breakdown of all the sold condos:
- 11 condos sold in the last 180 days
- Average sold price: $818,655
- Average square footage: 1,329
- Average price/square foot: $622.74
- Average days on market: 53
Sold 1 bedroom breakdown
- 6 one bedrooms were sold in the last 6 months
- Average sold price: $617,533
- Average square footage: 961
- Average price/square foot: $644.02
- Average days on market: 23
Sold 2 bedroom breakdown
- 5 two bedroom sold in the last 6 months
- Average sold price: $1,060,000
- Average square footage: 1,770
- Average price/square foot: $597.21
- Average days on market: 88
- 1 bedroom condos are selling slightly faster than the 2 bedroom units, likely due to more buyers being able to afford them in the lower price bracket. In fact they sold almost 4 times faster.
- Larger floor plans, unusually large deck spaces, a fairly comprehensive amenities package as well a hospitality driven building staff have been helping to drive a higher average price point than most of the downtown condo high-rises.
- Location is also making Escala popular with it not only being near to the downtown business district, but also Belltown, South Lake Union, The Pike Place Market, and just a couple of blocks to the transit tunnel, the Seattle Street Car, and tons and tons of shopping and dining options. Good thing they have an amazing gym with TWO resistance pools to help residents work off all the extra calories from the great restaurants surrounding Escala.
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.
Leave A Comment