We attended the Gridiron Condos opening party last night and were able to see their new sales center, the scale model of the new building and hear some updates on the project from the Daniels development team as well as the Sales Manager.
Here is what we learned:
- Studio, urban (open) 1 bedrooms, 1 and 2 bedrooms, loft units
- Studios: 12 studios from 430-500sf
- Urban 1 bedrooms: 39 urban 1 bds (which are open 1 bds) from 471-779sf
- 1 bedrooms: 38 1 bds from 547-829sf
- 2 bedrooms: 16 2 bds from 877-1373sf
- Lofts: 2 full height loft units on the 3rd/4th floor from 1302-1645sf (the only units in the historic Seattle Plumbing Building) – these will be cool!
- Amenities: rooftop deck, roof-top level party room, gym, bike storage
- 107 units
- 11 stories
- 88 parking stalls - this means some units will not have the option to purchase a stall
- Two color palettes available (pre-selected) and no unit customization will be offered
- Estimated completion: Mid-2017
- 1st and 2nd floor will be retail
- 3rd and 4th floors are mainly parking though there will be two 2-story loft units on these floors as well
- 5th and 6th floor units will have balconies or decks
- Sound proofing was a high priority – they have the highest level of residential soundproofing available according to the sales team
- Finishes/Features: hard surface flooring throughout, 10ft ceilings in most units with the 2 story lofts being 16’ ceilings, quartz counters, gas cooking, in-unit washer/dryer
- Sales: the building will be offered in phases with the first phase hitting the market before the weekend and this is when prices will be released; the units will go into reservation first, then convert to purchase and sale agreements once the developer has the purchase agreements finalized
If you are interested in owning at Gridiron we recommend getting in a reservation early so you can snag up a unit with outdoor space or one of the loft units, both of which are limited. Also, since parking is limited it might benefit you to be among the first to buy, though they haven't released how they are going to offer parking as of yet.
Give us a call or email and we would be happy to work with you and get your registered for a private appointment to go over the floor plan options, and pricing once that’s released.
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.